Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Why I Love Teaching

I have been an educator for eight years. Teaching gives me the opportunity to help kids grow academically, emotionally, and socially. The relationships, smiles, and moments when a student finally “gets it” are extremely rewarding.

I am tired about the common misconceptions about what I do. "Those who can, do; those who can't, teach." "We only work part time and have summers off".

I am a teacher because it is a highly rewarding and fulfilling profession. Teachers have one of the most important, meaningful, and purpose-driven jobs of anyone today. I appreciate the teachers I work with because they share valuable information and important skills to encourage a love of learning that will serve students the rest of their lives.

Tom Davis was a fellow educator that inspired and had an impression on me. He encouraged me to explore my curiosities, supported me with my struggles, and celebrated my successes. He cared about me, my learning, my life, and he wanted me to find happiness within myself in order for me to be capable of helping others.

I remain in the profession because I am committed to having a positive impact on the future of each student that I serve on a daily basis. I believe that there is an exciting career for every passion. No two days in teaching are ever the same. Receiving a "Favorite Teacher Award" was a gesture from a student and parent that moved me.

I wake up each morning and serve students in our nation's schools. Being a role model and teaching students the skills and knowledge they need beyond the classroom is extremely inspiring and rewarding. This makes me feel appreciated. Teaching gives me the opportunity to be a lifelong learner because I learn as much from the students as they learn from me.

It is an excellent time to be a teacher. Today's teachers need perseverance, passion, validation, and hope. Teachers helped me get to where I am today by providing me with an exceptional education.

It is essential to make lesson plans interesting in order to get all students motivated about learning. Teachers creatively facilitate the engaging interaction between students and provide feedback based on their observations. For me, the motivation to teach has always come from the students in my classroom.

I love being able to laugh with my students. I love when they feel proud of their achievements. I love doing science with middle school students.

Teachers need to have a voice in all policy decisions that have an effect on our classrooms. Teachers advocate for their community's parents and students. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqdl_7um-qQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAB4fH2jV8