Students presented a short, creative, and unique answer to the prompt. Summaries of these responses were then shared in this blog post on our classroom website in addition to social media outlets such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
5 Reasons Why Michigan is the Epicenter of the Auto Industry
1. Michigan is home to the major auto companies known as "The Big Three": Ford, General Motors (GM), and Chrysler. Detroit is also known as "The Motor City".
2. Our state produces most of the cars in the United States and ships them all over the world. Many of the specific parts used to build cars are also made in Michigan.
3. The "Assembly Line", which allows for the mass production of cars, was developed in Detroit, Michigan by Henry Ford. This made cars affordable and changed transportation forever.
4. Many people are fortunate to work in Michigan's auto industry in order to support their family. The success of Michigan's economy is closely linked to the success of Michigan's auto industry.
5. Michigan's role in the auto industry inspires students to be inventors and innovators in order to improve our society. "The Big Three" have been very supportive of education in Michigan.